Vision Boards | Cast Your Vision | Fresno Senior Portrait Photographer | Fresno, CA
Bessie Young Photography
Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~Oprah Winfrey
Starting off a new year brings hope, dreams, and inspiration. With the new year many of us create new years resolutions and plan to stick with them throughout the year; however, by the end of May most people drop their new years resolution goals and forget about the hopes that the new year brought in. We get so involved in the day to day grind that we lose sight of our dreams.
There are certain tools that we can use and/or create to helps us stay on track and not forget our hopes and dreams to help us not lose our inspiration and motivation. They call them vision boards. These boards can also be know as dream boards or inspiration boards. It doesn't matter what you call them, these boards help put your goals into a picture form. Pictures are powerful! They speak to us unlike words ever could.
What you need:
- Cork board (you can use a poster board or some sort of canvas.)
- Old magazines
- Scissors, glue, and tape
- Markers ( or paint whichever you prefer)
- A photo of yourself that you love
Step 1: Make some time to really think about your goals
- Home Life
- Community service
- Future Goals
Pick a few different areas in your life. Once you narrow it down, create 1-2 goals in each area. These goals should be measurable whether it be 2 community service events, losing 5 pounds, etc. This way you know when you have achieved that goal.
Step 2: Gather all the materials and make a relaxing creative space. Light some candles, put on some music, make yourself a nice cup of hot coffee, pray over what you want your life to be.
Step 3: Cut out images from your magazines that represent the life you want to live.
- These images need to be inspiring. Something that you can look at and think "Yes! I want that, I will get that!" Something that keeps you motivated.
Step 4: Place the photo of yourself in the middle of the board
- This is completely optional; however, it will help you visualize yourself with your goals.
Step 5: Pin your magazine images onto your board
- You can pin, tape, or glue. Let your creativity flow!
Step 6: Use markers or paint to write your personal mantra, favorite quotes, or scriptures onto your board.
Step 7: Find a partner
- Find someone that you are comfortable sharing your goals with. This will help you stay accountable.
Step 8: Display your board somewhere you will see it everyday.
- Hang it on your wall, put in on your counter, or place it in your closet. Anywhere that you go at least once throughout the day.
The wonderful thing about vision boards is they are yours. There is no right or wrong way to do it. You can have multiple goals or one big goal. Whatever you want. There is NO wrong way to do it.
This will be the first year that I try to create a vision board. Try along with me and let me know how it goes. I would love to see your progress! Create a board, post it on social media and tag me @bessieyoungphotography. You can also use the hashtag #visionboard2016 or #bessieyoungphotography2016visionboards
I am looking forward to seeing your boards! Happy 2016!